What is Pittsburgh Gives?
Pittsburgh Gives is the place to find detailed information about Western Pennsyvlania's nonprofits. The steps are simple. Find a nonprofit. Learn about its mission and programs. Become an informed donor. The site is also used to host many of the region's giving events hosted by the Pittsburgh Foundation, including Critical Needs Alerts and Day of Giving. Use this site to:
- Get contact information and updates about your favorite nonprofts
- Browse for new nonprofits determined by your interests
- Learn about regional initiatives that affect all in our community
- Donate during our giving events
Critical Needs Alert is Tuesday, May 23, 2017!
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 The Pittsburgh Foundation will host a Critical Needs Alert giving day to support basic needs and the safety net in Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties.
This year's online giving event will benefit nonprofits that provide direct service in five areas that will strengthen the safety net of essential human services:
- Child Care- Programs providing child care for infants and children up to age 6. (Those that provide only before-or after-school programming do not qualify.)
- Food and Nutrition- Organizations such as food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens that provide food to those who don't have the ability to meet daily needs.
- Housing- Organizations providing direct shelter to individuals and families facing homelessness or other housing crises.
- Physical and Mental Health- Organizations providing clinical physical and mental health care.
- Transportation- Organizations with a core mission that includes providing transportation to those in need. (School programs that provide transportation to students from the core program do not qualify.)
Please review the eligibility requirements for more information about which organizations qualify to participate.
The event will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. and The Pittsburgh Foundation and its donors will provide a $600,000 prorated match pool as well as media support and training to participating organizations.
For more information about this event and frequently asked questions, visit the resources tab of this website.