Announcing: Critical Needs Alert 2019, Tuesday, May 7
- Child Care - Programs providing child care for infants and children up to age 6. (Those that provide only before- or after-school programming do not qualify.)
- Food and Nutrition - Organizations such as food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens that provide food to those who don’t have the ability to meet daily needs.
- Housing - Organizations providing direct shelter to individuals and families facing homelessness or other housing crises.
- Physical and Mental Health - Organizations providing clinical physical and mental health care.
- Transportation - Organizations with a core mission that includes providing transportation to those in need. (School programs that provide transportation to students from the core program do not qualify.)
Small and Mighty
Small nonprofits, with annual budgets of $600,000 or less, account for two-thirds of the Pittsburgh region’s nonprofit sector. Click HERE to read about The Pittsburgh Foundation’s Small and Mighty program, which is helping small organizations succeed.
More than 2,400 people made contributions during the last Critical Needs Alert on May 1, 2018, which raised $1,122,492 for nonprofits in our region.
Grow More Good
The Pittsburgh Foundation’s Charitable Gift Card helps you support the invaluable work of nonprofit organizations in western Pennsylvania. Click HERE to purchase or redeem cards.